SPENT ALUMINA RECYCLING
CLAUS ALUMINA RECYCLING
DEFLUORINATOR ALUMINA RECYCLING
Claus Alumina Recycling
As the nation’s leader in Industrial Ecology, Metaloy provides a Spent Alumina Recycling Program to offer a comprehensive program to recycle spent Claus catalysts from the hydrocarbon industry. Over the past five years, Metaloy has worked to expand the program to provide availability to a more extensive range of outlets. More recently, Metaloy has begun offering a research program to test spent Claus for outlets to reduce disposal costs - and even to pay for your spent Claus catalyst in certain circumstances.
It is Metaloy’s goal to eliminate landfilling of spent Claus catalyst. Metaloy is continually working on methods and technologies to extend the life cycle of spent Claus and all alumina to advance the concept of industrial ecology.
Participation in our program allows your facility to continually improve the economics of Claus disposal. At the current rate of approval for consumers of spent Claus catalyst, Metaloy expects to offer a non-landfill opportunity for essentially all spent Claus material generated in North America by 2012. Also contact Metaloy about its wide range of recycling programs for many of your other, non-hazardous waste products.
• Contact Metaloy to discuss when your next Claus vessel dump is scheduled
• Complete a profile for each Claus unit within your facility
• Alumina must be non-hazardous and confirmation is required
• Alumina should be analyzed for moisture, LOI, sulfur and metal oxides
• Test data is sent to Metaloy
• Send a 1-gallon sample of the spent alumina to Metaloy
• Samples of your spent Claus alumina are sent to industrial outlets
• Metaloy will notify generator once outlet has been identified
• Transportation arranged by Metaloy
• Spent alumina is 100% consumed as a beneficial raw material
• Metaloy will provide verification that your spent Claus alumina was recycled
• Reduces reporting of alumina disposals to State and Federal environmental groups
• Program promoted by major alumina manufacturers
• Program allows your facility to participate in an environmentally friendly program
• Recycle program creates more efficiency and lower cost for removal and change-outs
• Worldwide recycling service provided for your different facilities around the globe
• Alumina recycled into industrial outlets that use virgin and spent alumina